Your global payroll guide
Global payroll comes with global challenges, like legal, cultural and compliance issues. Whether you’re looking to streamline global payroll or move into new markets, our experts in 39 countries and more than 50 global delivery centres help you integrate and outsource it. We’ll ensure that your payroll stays accurate and compliant – whatever the size.
Here's the challenge
Global payroll has a lot of moving parts
Here's how we solve it
One global payroll solution to manage them all
What else is possible with Global Payroll?
We deliver major peace of mind, helping your HR department to deliver locally compliant and trouble-free payroll, so they can focus on more strategic tasks
- Centralised team of experts allows payroll admins to focus on insights
- Automated process updates local payment rules
- Data corrections and mass loads
- Expand in countries served, and services provided as needs change
- Single, standardised payroll drives efficiency, saves vendor costs and minimises individual error
- Spot anomalies in employee data between countries and address burning HR issues
- Set KPIs to track business costs and inform your next moves
Answer one of the greatest expectations for a modern HR offering: a paycheque and pay portal that they can count on.
- Accurate and on-time pay
- An easy-to-understand and navigate HR Portal
- Customer service options when help is needed
Frequently asked questions
Have a particular question about Global Payroll? We've answered some of the most commonly asked questions.
Global payroll is the process of consolidating local country payroll into a single process, platform and reporting framework, globally. This streamlines and simplifies payroll for multi-national organizations contributing to improved accuracy, timeliness and compliance and reduced errors, costs, and complexities.
A global payroll provider partners with your organization to streamline your payroll operations globally. We consolidate your payroll engines, processes and technology into a unified experience and provide the means to manage, review and report your global payroll using a single platform.
A global payroll solution includes calculations, processing, tax and garnishments, deductions, pay slips, year-end fulfillment, and settlement. This service is provided by a third-party on behalf of your organization.
Processing payroll internationally can be a challenge with local regulations to consider. When it comes to managing this, we recommend considering the following:
- Use a single payroll platform where possible
- Automate tax notifications and changes
- Partner with a Payroll Services provider
- Leverage a payments solution for settlement
Deploying SuccessFactors employee central payroll to five countries for HSBC
In 2015, HSBC embarked on the most complex global HR and payroll transformation ever undertaken, providing unified access to the company HR platform for 138,000 employees and contractors across 65 countries.
Ready to get started?
Learn more about how we can help your business.
Leave your HCM and payroll administration in good hands. Alight's flexible services allow you to select what best fits your needs, while feeling confident that a proven, experienced partner has you covered.
Explore our cloud-based solutions
Whether you’re just starting on a plan to deploy a cloud solution or are already live, our team is ready to help you meet your objectives and maximise results.