Reports in Workday are critical. They’re a gateway across the organization to information that’s stored and secured in your Workday tenant. Creating reports can be a fairly straightforward task but it is critical that the report be efficient and not overly complex.
There are some essentials to consider in building a custom report or managing a standard report. These include:
- A strong understanding of the domain and the functional requirements to limit the data being returned
- Knowledge of the Primary and Relational Business Objects that may limit the number of database reads
- An understanding of how to
- Leverage index data sources
- Optimize calculated fields
- Implement static fields
- Run report log validation
- Execute performance tuning
Fill out the form below to view a brief review of each of these topics, as well as a case study on reducing report runtime from over 6 hours to 1.5 hours.