Solutions should address needs like:
1. Enhancing health literacy. Participants should have access to personalized education and clinical decision support, and be guided to high-quality, cost-effective providers to prevent and manage their chronic conditions.
Additionally, solutions should take a multidisciplinary approach that includes access to physicians, nurses, dietitians, social workers, plus behavioral health experts.
2. Screening for behavioral and social determinants of health challenges. As a result of stigma and other emotional barriers such as shame and distrust, employees may not be forthcoming about their mental health or SDOH challenges.
When all members are screened and connected to appropriate care and community resources, regardless of the reason for outreach, outcomes can improve.
3. Supporting overall wellbeing. Consider a benefit strategy and solution suite that addresses employees’ needs for a healthy mind, body, wallet, and life. This can include personal wellbeing plans and incentives, access to tools for stress management, healthcare navigation, clinical guidance, and financial planning services.
With Alight’s comprehensive suite of wellbeing solutions, we help employers create an ecosystem of holistic wellbeing for employees with offerings such as:
- Alight Well, which drives engagement through personalized wellbeing plans, incentive management, and evidence-based content to foster healthy habits
- Alight Wellbeing Marketplace, which enables employers to improve overall wellbeing for everyone with “meet your needs” benefits
- Concierge support and trusted guidance, through benefit counselors, Health Pros, Medical Allies, and Financial Advisors